Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Acquiescing to Technology


Over the months, we Kings have enjoyed peeking into the sights, sounds, thoughs and events of our friends and family both far and near through the phenomenon of blogging. We have gathered around the computer, laughing with you, smiling at you, and connecting with you, though you never knew it. You have helped us feel connected and close. We saw Emily and James as both John McCain and Sara Palin AND as Cotton Candy and Popcorn. We laughed as the Pierce family pry up their deck seaching for a cat that was in the tree above them. We chuckled at Ben launching into a fountain, and have prayed for Stephanie's back. So...at the urging of our Techno Trailblazing son, James, we are joining you in the blogosphere.

The past three years have held exciting change for the King family. I regret that we didn't start journaling our lives then, but now is as good a time as any, as we are in the midst of a new beginning. This month has found us unpacking, and making a home in Wenatchee, Washington, following the call of God. After much payer and fasting we strongly felt that God has brought us to this beautiful city at the eastern foot of the Cascade mountains, two hours east of Seattle, two hours west of our great friends, the pioneering Mayo family in Spokane, and 4 1/2 hours from our precious friends, the Malone family, who are blazing the trail in Missoula, Montana. We are looking forward to seeing God unfold His purpose and promises for us here, and to the incredible revival that is brewing in the Northwest region of this desperate country!

Check in with us, laugh with us, PRAY FOR US as we make memories and do our best to leave a legacy!

12 comments:

James Wilder said...

Hurray!! Welcome, to blogland, Mamma King. Now the world will see what creativity, even with technology, comes out of you! They know you can write, they've heard you speak, they've surely seen your decorating hand at work... but now they will see this Mac-using, Photoshop-experimenting woman at work! Look out!

Your Favorite Son,
James Wilder

Mama King said...

Yikes! Those are tall boots to fill. One thing at a time, kiddo. You realize, of course, that I will be asking YOU all my questions. You may rue the day you started this monster. Love you most.

Kim said...

Sis. King!!! this is wonderful!!! I miss you so much, and knowing I will be going to Coos Bay and not seeing you will be pure torture. OK, I am being extreme but it is bittersweet. I am so excited for you but at the same time I know how much my family misses you and Pastor King. God has a plan and I am anxious to see it unfold. I love you!

James Wilder said...

See, anyone who uses words like "rue" with such ease is something special!

Samantha and Stephanie said...

Welcome to blogland!!! and thank you for your prayers! i miss you all so much...it is good to see your smiling face! we will try to make this experience as painless and fun as possible!

TRC Rockers said...

Yay! Thank you for letting us into your lives! How exciting to be close to the Mayo's and Malone's!

Butterfly Montana said...

We begin this new journey a week apart and our new blogging adventure a day apart! Coincidence? I think not!

We love and miss you guys SO much! So glad we are close...uuuhhhhh...closer!

Love, Debbie & Family

Anna said...

Yaaaay!!! I am so glad you are blogging. :) Love you bunches!!!

Melissa said...

Sis. King, I am so excited to find your blog. I know I will be checking in often to see what tidbits of wisdom I can glean from such a wonderful wife and mother! I know that might sound kind of "dramatic" but I need all the help I can get! lol We love your family!

Scott Wilder said...

Welcome to blogland! Love oyu guys... can't wait to come visit! Til then... nice to keep tabs on the happenings in Wenatchee and some of our favoritest people in the whole wide world!

Denise said...

Kirsten,
So glad to have you in the blogworld. I look forward to reading all your postings. Now make some hot cocoa, sit back and watch Tim work the snow blower :)

Ruth said...

Is that Donny Osmond in the picture?