Monday, December 1, 2008

This Made Me Cry...but what doesn't!


Everyone loves a good cry, right? Sappy love stories with happy endings sell millions of copies. A handful of dandylions from a thoughtful son or daughter is a treasured surprise in the midst of a chaotic day of home-making. A country song about the simple pleasures of life brings a knowing nod and a lump in the throat. This video made me misty and then lumpy-throated. I had to walk away quickly to avoid a big bawl-fest. (I walked away to find the kitty and hug her) Hope it touches your heartstrings like it touched minel. I love you, my friends!

4 comments:

James Wilder said...

Yes, I may not be an accomplished musician, but I think I've figured out how to play those heart strings (eg, "send Mama King this clip, she'll surely not leave dry-eyed!")

Love you guys! Can't wait to see you this month!

Mama King said...

You and Anthony are MASTERS at the art! We are counting the days till you guys get here - the Christmas chain looks pretty long, but getting shorter! Hurray! Love you

Rachel said...

AWWW I miss you so much Auntie Kirsten!! That video got me good haha. What a good one for Christmas season reminder of what its all about.

Danielle Louise Carlson said...

Aww Sis King, I am so glad you have a blog. We truly miss you and your family, and while we somewhat feel a void I know you and your husband are helping to fill a void of many people. Washington is a very hard place to live because of the people, at least it was for me, I lived there for 4 months. But then again it can be like that anywhere you go. Have you guys felt climate shock yet:) We will be in Olympia during Christmas to spend it with my family. Jeremy was wanting to make a detour to Wenatchee, but we have to be back that Sat cause the Marquez clan and ma and pa carlson will be joining us that day, and being 20 weeks pregnant I just don't know if I am up for it but after May I am sure we will definately make it up there. Anyways we love you guys, miss you and I hope you are settling into your new town, home, church, and new chapter in your lives.